• How can I get DRL Law, LLC, to close my loan? Under the Georgia Fair Lending Act, the borrower has the right to select the closing attorney. When you sign the Purchase and Sale Agreement, designate DRL Law, LLC, as your closing attorney. If you are refinancing, tell your mortgage broker that you would like to use DRL Law, LLC, to close your loan.  It is that simple!
  • Should I buy Owner’s Title Insurance? All Lenders require a Lender’s Title Insurance Policy; however, a Lender’s Title Insurance Policy does not protect the buyer. While Owner’s Title Insurance is not mandatory, it is highly recommended that buyer’s purchase it.  Owner’s Title Insurance protects against title defects that may not have been found on the title examination (ie. Misfiled deeds; deeds filed during the gap period, forged deeds in the chain of title; mechanic liens filed after the title exam).  This policy protects your investment.   Please feel free to call our office to discuss the benefits of purchasing title insurance.
  • What if I am unable to attend closing? If you are unable to attend closing, please contact DRL Law, LLC, as soon as possible.  We will need to know if you wish to schedule a mobile closing (subject to lender’s approval) or if you wish to designate a Power of Attorney to sign in your absence.  We are happy to provide you with a Specific Power of Attorney Form that you will need to have executed in the presence of a notary public and a witness.  If you already have a Specific Power of Attorney, we will need to review it prior to closing.  The original Specific Power of Attorney will need to be brought to closing so that we may record it after closing. We will also require that you provide us with a copy of your driver’s license prior to closing.
  • What if my company or trust is buying or selling a property? If property is titled in the name of a LLC, Corporation or Trust, we will need additional documentation from you.  If the entity is a LLC, we will need copies of the Articles of Organization, Operating Agreement and the Taxpayer Identification Number.  If the entity is a corporation, we will need copies of the Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, and the Taxpayer Identification Number.  If the entity is a trust, we will need copies of the Trust Agreement and Taxpayer Identification Number.
  • I own real estate with another person who is now deceased. What do I need to do?  Please notify us immediately if a seller is deceased.  The vesting deed will need to be reviewed to see how title is held.  If title is held as “Joint Tenants with the Right of Survivorship,” the surviving owner receives full ownership of the property.  We will need a certified copy of the death certificate of the deceased person prior to closing.  However, if you hold title with the deceased, as tenants in common, the property must go through the Probate Court.
  • What do I need to bring to closing?
    1. If you are a borrower, please bring your Driver’s License or other valid government-issued picture ID and a second form of ID (preferably government issued such as a passport or Social Security Card). If you are a seller in a transaction, please bring your Driver’s License or other valid government-issued picture ID.
    2. Original Power of Attorney or Corporate/Company Resolution (if applicable)
    3. Any miscellaneous documents requested by DRL Law, LLC
    4. Corporate Seal (if applicable)
    5. Funds for Closing. See below.
  • Funds for Closing
    1. Must be remitted to DRL Law, LLC in accordance with O.C.G.A. § 44-14-13. Anything over $1000.00 must be sent in the form of a bank wire transfer (ACH transfers are not accepted)
  • When will I receive my Owner’s Title Insurance Policy? We will provide you with your Owner’s Title Policy at your closing unless a Long Form Owner’s Title Insurance Policy is being issued.  If a Long Form Owner’s Title Policy is being issued, you will receive your policy once the Limited Warranty Deed has been returned from record.
  • When will I receive my Limited Warranty Deed?  After closing, the Limited Warranty Deed is mailed to the appropriate county’s recording office.  The turn-around time for counties vary anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks.  As soon as our office receives the Limited Warranty Deed back from the county, we will mail the Limited Warranty Deed to the address provided to us at closing.